This outfit was inspired by a 1948 Dior ensemble.
The first time I saw this outfit was on the cover of a Tom Tierney paper doll book.
(Of course I want to make the other two outfits on the cover.)
I first attempted this outfit ten years ago.
It is a little different than the new version.
I lost count of how many outfits I made this time around, but each outfit has 12 buttons, 21 snaps, 18 beads, and 2 hooks. That is A LOT of handwork. I retrospect, I should have charged more for them.
Like all my other obsessions, I had to find as many pictures of this outfit as I could. I tried to replicate a few of them with my "Black Lipstick" Gene.
I even made the gaiters. They are a little bulkier than I wanted them to be, but working with human scaled fabrics in miniature is always a challenge.
Another thing that is hard to miniaturize is the drape of a garment.
Here are some more pictures that I found.
My dolls need all of these outfits.
To purchase this pattern, click here.