Wednesday, December 11, 2013

My Top 10 Jacques Fath Favorites From 1950

I have five favorite designers:  Dior, Balenciaga, Balmain, Givenchy, and Fath.  I wanted to share a few favorite fashions by Jacques Fath from 1950.

I have been obsessed with the magazine L'Officiel and L'Art et la Mode  since 2008.  I am in the process of archiving the fashions that I love from 1947- 1962.  This is taking me forever, because I might have not liked how I archived them originally and might of had to start over.  That is how I roll and it is really annoying.

Most of these pictures didn't have the designers names on the photo.  I added them to help me keep track of them.

Here are my top 10 favorites in no particular order.  I want to make all of these designs for Gene and friends.


 Cute!


I wish there was a photo of what the top of this dress looks like.
 

 Love the collar of this suit!
 

 I love the collars on this suit and the next suit.





 Love the flowers on the bodice and cuffs.

 

 I love finding the sketch and the photo of the same outfit.


 
 
 The next three outfits have the same fur collar, I must really like it.


 
 
 


I am almost ready to post about my newest pattern, hopefully later this week.

2 comments:

Belladonna said...

I love those collars too. Please add me on your list and make them in Tonner Tyler's size :)

PoupéesChériesDolls said...

Hi, I found a piece of vintage "Jacques Fath" fabric in a friend's fabric stash, and wondering what kind of value it has. If you have any info I'd love to hear from you.

Thks in advance. Sylv in France (sylvATsylviedameyDOTcom