Sunday, October 28, 2012

"Dial M For Murder" Red Lace Dress

The beautiful red lace dress in the 1954 film "Dial M For Murder" starring Grace Kelly was also in my huge batch of red outfits. 

 
I am really happy about how the dresses turned out.
 
 
I couldn't decide of Grace's dress was one piece or a dress and a jacket
 
 
I decided to make the dress strapless with a short bolero jacket.  I should add a photo of the dress without the jacket so you can see how nice it looks also as a strapless dress.
 

I found this lace at JoAnn Fabrics.  I used JoAnn's red Cassa satin for the lining.

.
 
 
I sewed the clipped edging of a lace trim on the bodice, jacket, sleeves and hem.
 
 

 

 

 
I had two differnet red laces in my fabric stash, so I cut out as many dresses as I could out of both pieces.

 Lace 1 from JoAnn's
 

and lace 2.  I liked lace 1 better at first, but I am finding that lace 2 is growing on me.  I am not sure which version I should keep for myself now.
 


If you are interested in puchasing this pattern click here.
 

No comments: